- 1 cup long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 3/4 pound lean boneless pork loin, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon La Choy® Lite Soy Sauce
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 carrots, cut diagonally into thin slices (3 carrots = about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares (1/2 large = about 1 cup)
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares (1/2 large = about 1 cup)
- 3 green onions, cut diagonally into 1-inch lengths
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (4 cloves = about 2 tsp)
- 1 can (8 oz each) pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- Cook rice according to package directions, except omit any salt and fat. Place pork in medium bowl. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper; set aside. Mix cornstarch, sugar, broth, vinegar and soy sauce in small bowl until well blended; set aside.
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat 1 minute. Add carrots; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add peppers and onions; stir. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Remove vegetable mixture from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- Spray same skillet with additional cooking spray. Add pork and garlic; cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until pork strips are no longer pink in centers, stirring frequently. Remove pork from skillet; set aside.
- Stir broth mixture; add to same skillet. Cook 2 minutes, or until thickened, stirring constantly. Return vegetable mixture and pork to skillet. Add pineapple; mix well. Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Serve over the rice.
|Serving Size||4 servings (1-1/2 cups each)|