- 2 racks pork spare ribs (1 rack = about 4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons five-spice powder
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 cup La Choy® Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup Hunt's® Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Sliced green onions, fresh cilantro leaves and white sesame seeds for garnish
- Preheat the grill to 300°F or medium heat.
- In a medium sized pot whisk together the hoisin, soy sauce, honey, sherry, ketchup, and apple cider vinegar.
- Place the ribs on a sheet pan and thoroughly rub the 5-spice, salt and pepper into the meat and let sit for 1 hour.
- After the ribs have marinated, place them bone side down on the coolest parts of the grill. Baste with the honey-hoisin sauce every 30 minutes.
- After 90 minutes flip the ribs over and cook for 60 minutes while basting every 30 minutes.
- Flip the ribs over, bone side down, for the remaining 60 minutes and continue to baste every 40 minutes.
- Remove the ribs from the grill and let them rest for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Slice in between in each bone and place them in a large bowl. Garnish with green onions, cilantro leaves, and sesame seeds.
|Serving Size||12 servings (about 2 ribs each)|