Honey-Hoisin Grilled Spare Ribs
Recipe developed by Billy Parisi for Hunt's® and La Choy®
Hands On:30 | Total: 240 | Makes: 12 servings (about 2 ribs each)
2 racks pork spare ribs (1 rack = about 4 pounds)
2 tablespoons five-spice powder
1 cup hoisin sauce
1 cup La Choy® Soy Sauce
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup dry sherry
1/2 cup Hunt's® Tomato Ketchup
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Sliced green onions, fresh cilantro leaves and white sesame seeds for garnish
- Preheat the grill to 300°F or medium heat.
- In a medium sized pot whisk together the hoisin, soy sauce, honey, sherry, ketchup, and apple cider vinegar.
- Place the ribs on a sheet pan and thoroughly rub the 5-spice, salt and pepper into the meat and let sit for 1 hour.
- After the ribs have marinated, place them bone side down on the coolest parts of the grill. Baste with the honey-hoisin sauce every 30 minutes.
- After 90 minutes flip the ribs over and cook for 60 minutes while basting every 30 minutes.
- Flip the ribs over, bone side down, for the remaining 60 minutes and continue to baste every 40 minutes.
- Remove the ribs from the grill and let them rest for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Slice in between in each bone and place them in a large bowl. Garnish with green onions, cilantro leaves, and sesame seeds.
12 servings (about 2 ribs each) Calories 626; Total Fat 45 g(Saturated Fat 14 g); Cholesterol 153 mg; Sodium 1463 mg;
Carbohydrate 21 g; (Dietary Fiber 1 g, Sugars 17 g); Protein 32 g;
Percent Daily Values*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 14%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Brought To You By ConAgra Foods(R)